Tuesday, August 10, 2021
1:00 PM-2:00 PM
Wisconsin Hospital Association
The current debate with Big Tech over data ownership and data privacy is increasingly impacting the health care industry. As a result, health care providers are discovering that they have to navigate a host of complicated new issues in their relationships with technology vendors. This presentation will discuss the wide scope of issues that health care executives must consider when embarking on a relationship with a new technology vendor, including:
- Where will my data be housed – on-premises or with a vendor? Do I care if my data is in the cloud?
- Under the terms being offered, who owns my data and what rights are given to the vendor over my data?
- What security is being provided for the data; what insurance coverage is necessary; and what are the limitations of liability and indemnity terms necessary to protect my data?
- How does this technology affect my organization’s notice of privacy practices?
This webinar is brought to you by valued Corporate Member, von Briesen & Roper. s.c.
Participants will learn:
- The differences between data storage options.
- Data ownership options and rights that vendors have over your data.
- What security is being provided for the data.
- How technology affects an organization’s notice of privacy practices.
Who Should Attend
All hospital staff involved with data and data security, including CIOs, CIMOs, CFOs, General Counsel and IT departments.
This webinar is complimentary.