Friday, December 10, 2021-Friday, January 28, 2022
Wisconsin Hospital Association
The Webex Modules Series will consist of 8-10 modules (depending upon the number and extent of changes effective 1/1/2022) by clinical department (or grouped such as Cardiology, Cardiac Cath and Interventional Radiology, as an example).
Each WHA registrant will receive:
- Memo of the 2022 CDM Updates effective January 1, 2022;
- Link to download the clinical/department presentations;
- Webex Modules to access and download the recordings that sync with the presentations;
- AAPC CEU (2 hours)
- Updated master presentation, if any significant changes or updates.
NOTE: The objectives listed are currently tentative.
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Incorporate 2022 codes to individual facility’s chargemasters
- Describe reporting scenarios for reporting new CPT Codes
- Identify impact of new reimbursement levels for APC payments
- Be prepared for the HCPCS code revisions, changes and additions beginning on January 1, 2022
- Understand the impact of status indicator changes for 2022
- Understand billing packaged items and services requirements for 2022 codes
- Understand changes to billing device-dependent APCs
- Understand the 2022 coding changes for drugs, radiopharmaceuticals and contrast and the impact on your reimbursement
- Be prepared to improve new product implementation processes
- Understand importance of correctly billing Add-on IPPS payments for new technology devices
- Be prepared to provide departmental-specific guidance in the proper reporting and utilization of the new codes
- Understand CMS instructions regarding accurate units of service
- Explain the importance of accurate revenue code assignment
- Be knowledgeable of the impact of accurate and complete reporting of supply/device costs and future payments
- Be knowledgeable of payment for new drugs not yet assigned a specific drug HCPCS code, and understand risk of billing non formulary drug charges
Who Should Attend
This learning series is targeted to individuals responsible for APCs, Billing, Revenue Cycle Management and Chargemaster Maintenance.
The following individuals are encouraged to attend: Coders, Managers, Directors, Chargemaster, APC coordinators, Revenue Cycle Managers, Perioperative Services Directors, Health Information, Medical Records Managers, Director of Patient Financial Services, Billing Office, Business Office Managers, Pharmacy Directors, Supply Chain and Purchasing Managers, Ancillary Departments, OR and Materials Management, Nurse Auditors, and Compliance Auditors