Nearly 1,000 health care professionals, advocates and volunteers traveled from across the state to learn more about important health care issues facing Wisconsin at WHA’s 2019 Advocacy Day on April 17 in Madison. Attendees represented nearly every hospital and health system at this annual premier health care advocacy event.
About 500 of those supporters took what they heard and met with legislators in the Capitol that afternoon. WHA’s members and volunteers are the voice of our communities, and they were able to share what high-quality, high-value health care means to our families and neighbors as they advocated for health care priorities in the upcoming state biennial budget.
Speaker Lineup. There was a powerhouse speaker roster at Advocacy Day again this year, including:
- Damond Boatwright, WHA 2019 Board Chair
- WHA President and CEO Eric Borgerding
- Former Governor Tommy Thompson
- Governor Tony Evers
- Sen. LaTonya Johnson (D-Milwaukee)
- Sen. Howard Marklein (R-Spring Green)
- Rep. John Nygren (R-Marinette)
- Rep. Evan Goyke (D-Milwaukee)
- Kyle O’Brien, WHA Senior Vice President of Government Relations
Advocacy Day would not be possible without our corporate sponsors, and WHA appreciates their continued support at our annual Advocacy Day event:
- Continental breakfast sponsor: The Boldt Company
- Luncheon dessert sponsor: Quarles & Brady, LLP
- Trolley Sponsor: Hall, Render, Killian, Heath & Lyman, P.C.
WHA asks that you share your photos from Advocacy Day, including tagging WHA when you post on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn using #WHAAdvocacyDay. Remember to follow WHA for your health care news.
View our 2019 Advocacy Day Photo Album online.