Register for WCMEW 2019 Workforce Summit
Also seeking proposals for presenters
The Wisconsin Council on Medical Education and Workforce (WCMEW) will hold its annual healthcare workforce summit on Tuesday, September 24 in Oshkosh. The summit provides a unique opportunity for stakeholders across education, industry, and community partners to collaborate, share best practices, and develop longstanding relationships. Registration is now available.
WCMEW is also seeking proposals for Disruptor “Flash Talks,” brief presentations on workforce innovations in telehealth, teambased care, student learning, and school-site partnerships. Abstracts are due June 1; see details here.
The Summit registration fee will be waived for selected presenters. Who should attend the summit?
- Providers (Physicians, APRNs, PAs, Pharmacists, and others)
- Hospital, clinic, and health system decision-makers
- Educators and clinical coordinators
- State and local policymakers
- Managed care and payer executives
- CNOs, CMOs, and Advanced Practice innovators
- Full-time students in nursing, medicine, pharmacy, and other healthcare professions
Summit agenda (subject to change):
- Cultivating and Sustaining Care Teams: Interprofessional Training, Continuing Education, Onboarding, Team Maintenance, and Measuring Success
- Disruptor “Flash Talks” featuring innovations in telehealth, team-based care, student learning, and school-site partnerships
- Policymaker Panel: Toward a Statewide Workforce Agenda
- Clinical Coordinator Roundtables & Networking
- Payments, Reimbursement, and Workforce Implications
- Creating Resilient Systems to Proactively Combat Burnout
This story originally appeared in the May 21, 2019 edition of WHA Newsletter