SAVE THE DATE: Get Your Claims Questions Answered
WHA is partnering with UnitedHealthcare (UHC) and the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) to host a free claims consultation event for WHA members. You will have an opportunity to meet face-to-face with UHC staff to discuss and resolve outstanding claims submitted by your hospital, which will include a comprehensive look at how UnitedHealthcare reviews your claims.
During your scheduled appointment, you will have:
- One-on-one detailed conversations with an Issue Resolution Team Member and Provider Advocate
- An avenue to get your claim issues addressed
- A discussion on medical and reimbursement policies that may be influencing your claim outcome
How It Works / What To Do Next
1. Fill out and return the linked spreadsheet regarding any outstanding or denied claims that you have questions about to Kelly Capozzi at UHC by June 28. This will give UHC ample time to research your claims to be prepared for your personalized appointment.
2. Email WHA Vice President of Public Policy Lisa Ellinger to let her know you will be scheduling a UHC consult. Feel free to submit any questions you have about the event.
3. You will be contacted to schedule dedicated one-on-one time for your hospital on EITHER July 30 or 31 between 8:00AM – 4:00PM to discuss your outstanding/denied claims. Please note that UHC and WHA will work with your schedule—you are not expected to attend the entire day.
Scheduled Appointments on July 30 or 31
Time slots available between 8:00AM – 4:00PM
Consultations held at Wisconsin Hospital Association – 5510 Research Park Drive in Madison
This story originally appeared in the June 11, 2019 edition of WHA Newsletter