The Wisconsin Public Service Commission (PSC) has released an application for grant funds under their telemedicine grant program. The program allocates $500,000 for grants for fiscal year 2020 for the purchase of specialized telecommunications equipment designed to augment or enhance the delivery of medical services. The 2020 application is due by 4 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2020. This same amount may also be available in fiscal year 2021.
Nonprofit medical clinics, hospitals and public health agencies are eligible to request a grant from the telemedicine grant program. A nonprofit medical clinic or hospital includes any medical facility that meets all the following criteria:
1. Is a nonprofit organization governed by a Board of Directors
2. Serves federally-designated health professional shortage areas, medically underserved areas, or medically underserved populations
3. Fulfills one, or both, of the following:
- Provides service to all patients regardless of insurance status
- Uses a sliding fee scale for uninsured patients based on income status
You can view application instructions here
. PSC staff will provide limited technical assistance to all prospective applicants as staff resources allow, until the time that a proposal has been officially submitted.
Contact WHA Vice President for Policy Development Laura Rose
with questions about the program.