WHA Foundation Simulation Lab Scholarships Available
WHA is pleased to share that the WHA Foundation has partnered with four clinical simulation labs across the state to once again award scholarships to interdisciplinary teams. Scholarships are available to WHA members who want to participate in clinical simulation training focused on stroke, severe sepsis/septic shock or high-risk OB delivery.
We invite you to encourage a team from your hospital to apply for a scholarship. Your team is welcome to attend as a full team (8-10 members) at one full day of training or to divide into two teams, with each participating in a half-day of training.
- Each scholarship has a maximum value of $1,500.
- Each scholarship covers the expense of one full day or two half days of clinical simulation training at one of the four identified training labs.
- Your team’s preferred training focus – stroke, sepsis/septic shock or high-risk OB delivery – must be designated on your scholarship application, and the training can only focus on one of the topics.
- No more than one scholarship will be awarded to any one individual hospital.
- Actual training must take place between April 15 and Nov. 30, 2020.
- Training date(s) must be scheduled and submitted to the WHA Foundation by April 15, 2020 or scholarship may be forfeited.
- Each team must identify a training facilitator who must be present at the training session(s).
Review the information on scholarship eligibility and criteria
See the list of participating simulation training labs
Complete the 2020 Clinical Simulation Training scholarship application
A maximum of 20 scholarships will be awarded, so hospitals are encouraged to apply ASAP.
- Submission deadline for scholarship applications is 5 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28, 2020. Notification will be made by Friday March 13, 2020.
If you have questions about the training, the scholarship or the application process, contact WHA Foundation Executive Director Leigh Ann Larson
This story originally appeared in the January 30, 2020 edition of WHA Newsletter