Earlier this summer, WHA announced the opportunity for hospital members to apply for the 100th
award. The purpose of the award is to recognize member hospitals who exemplify the five core values of WHA – Advocacy, Integrity, Foresight, Relationships, and Leadership – as WHA celebrates its 100th year.
WHA announced the very deserving recipients of this award this week, highlighting a particularly notable element of each application:
- Ascension SE Wisconsin Hospital - St. Joseph Campus: Focused on strong relationship building with other healthcare organizations with the ultimate goal of caring for underserved populations.
- Aurora Sinai Medical Center: Implemented NAVIGATE and committed to the career development of team members as part of their efforts to proactively plan for the future and invest in the community and staff.
- Bellin Hospital: Focused on building relationships among other health care providers with the goal of better serving patients and improving community health.
- Children’s Wisconsin - Milwaukee Hospital: Worked on the Our Family Partners Program that provides a forum for parents and caregivers to openly and safely discuss their experiences and make suggestions for improvement.
- Door County Medical Center: Demonstrated strong commitment to serving the poor and vulnerable in the community through efforts such as working with the prison ministry, meals on wheels delivery, and working side-by-side families who are building their Habitat for Humanity homes.
- Monroe Clinic, A member of SSM Health: Developed the Coaching Model, enabling managers/coaches to engage and empower their teams and demonstrate how integrity is valued.
“The recipients of the WHA 100th
Anniversary award reflect the exceptional health care leaders and dedicated staff we have in Wisconsin,” said WHA President and CEO Eric Borgerding. “A commitment to advocacy, integrity, foresight, relationships, and leadership is part of the reason why Wisconsin is a national leader in providing high-quality accessible health care. WHA is proud to recognize these very deserving hospitals with this honor, especially as we celebrate 100 years of advocacy and service to Wisconsin.”
Recipients will receive an engraved award recognizing this honor.
WHA thanks all who submitted applications.