From February to June of 2016, WHA offered a series of complimentary webinars focused on assisting hospital and health system administrative and clinical leaders understand the growing public health issue of the misuse and abuse of opioids; clarify their role, as a health care leader, in addressing the issue; and create a culture of change in their own organizations responsive to this growing epidemic.
The sessions offered as part of this series included:
- A Health Care Leader’s Role in Tackling the Opioid Abuse Issue: offered on February 25
- Wisconsin’s Best Practices in Tackling the Opioid Abuse Issue: offered on March 17
- Drug Diversion from the Health Care Workplace: A Multiple Victim Crime: offered on April 5
- Navigating Wisconsin’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program and Controlled Substances Board: offered on April 27
- HCAHPS, Patient Satisfaction & Opioid Prescribing: Debunking the Myths: offered on June 1
Audio recordings and slide decks (in PDF format) for each of the five presentations can be accessed at: http://www.wha.org/memberforum2-25-16.aspx